Fenugreek – Anemia
Fenugreek is known to have high amounts of iron that help maintain the proper iron levels in the blood. In addition, it aids in the production of new red blood cells to help cure anemia completely and also prevents its recurrence. You can use both the leaves and the seeds of this fenugreek in treating anemia.
The following are all you need:
- 2 teaspoons of Fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup of salt
The next thing you need to do is either one of the two:
- Take a cup of rice and add fenugreek seeds. Cook the rice by adding a hint of salt to it. Eat the rice once daily and continue doing so for the next 3 weeks. Though 2 weeks can suffice.
- You can also add finely chopped fenugreek leaves in the rice cooking or even in the preparation of salads or soups. Regular follow up of this process will significantly help you eliminate anemia and also have many other health benefits as well.
Fenugreek – Mastitis
Mastitis is an infection of the breast tissue that sometimes results in breast pain, swelling, warmth and redness. You may also experience fevers and chills. Mastitis most commonly affects women who are in their breast-feeding days (lactation mastitis). Although, there are times that this condition can occur in women who aren’t breast-feeding.
Fortunately, fenugreek seeds can help solve this problem. According to Ayurveda, fenugreek helps treat breast infection as well as stimulates the milk producing glands. In addition, its flavonoid agents can help lower both infections and inflammation. For desirable results, you may want to try the following:
- Soak 4 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The following day, grind the soaked seeds into a paste, then place the resulting paste on a clean cloth. Warm this slightly in the microwave, and then use the cloth as a warm compress on the affected area. This remedy can be followed two times daily for about 2 weeks.
- Alternatively, you can enjoy a cup of fenugreek tea at least two times daily until you experience positive results.